NA-D750 is the 15th unique Nikon DSLR design from Nauticam, and evolutionary improvements inherited from this extensive heritage combined with new refinements result in the most rewarding user experience possible.
The operation of the housing in water is intuitive, comfortable, and ergonomic. Key controls are placed within easy reach of the housing handles, exactly where the underwater photographer needs them. All controls are clearly labeled, and several button and lever formats are used to allow operation by feel.
Core camera functions such as shutter release, aperture, shutter speed, live view, info, exposure compensation, depth of field preview, Fn, flash exposure compensation, focus mode, AF/M, and zoom are all located at the users fingertips. Dual thumb levers pull important functionality from the back of the camera out to the housing handles, allowing quick access to Video Record, AF-On (for thumb activated focus), ISO, and Image Playback. The patent pending Multi Controller Pad replicates this control from the D750 Camera, allowing easy focus point selection, even on the diagonals.
Nauticam housings are as easy to use on the dive deck as they are in the water. Nauticam’s patented Port Locking Lever is simple to operate, enabling easy port changes without twisting or excessive force. A vacuum reset button inside the port mount also allows the vacuum system to be quickly reset from the port mount, when making quick lens changes. The housing locking system is easy to operate, and secure. These touches further reduce the stress of proper gear preparation.
The D750 LCD can be tilted up a 15 degree angle, assisting low angle composition and video framing.
NA-D750 Feature Checklist
- Unsurpassed build quality, designed by an award winning engineering team, and produced utilizing the most modern manufacturing technology available
- Ergonomically placed controls with size, shape, and color differentiation
- Access to all key camera controls
- All controls clearly labeled
- Patented two stage shutter release system, allowing precise feel over half press and full press
- Patented Port Locking System
- Patent pending Multi Controller pad
- Lens release button
- Easy to operate locking housing latches.
- Rubberized ergonomic grips
- Quick release camera mounting plate
- Optical strobe connectors for fiber optic flash triggering
- Dual M16 accessory holes for electrical bulkhead, HDMI, hydrophone, or vacuum valve installation
- Single M14 accessory hole for vacuum valve installation
- Integrated vacuum monitoring and leak detection circuit (valve optional)
- Vacuum reset button in port mount for quick lens changes
- Dual 1” (25mm) strobe mounting balls included as standard equipment
- 1/4-20 tripod mounting holes
- Dual 10mm threaded accessory mounting points
- .66x optical glass pickup finder (magnifying 180 and 45 viewfinders available optionally)
- 100m Depth Rating
Integrated Vacuum Check and Leak Detection System
The Nauticam vacuum check and leak detection system is available with NA-D750 as standard equipment. Combined with an optional vacuum valve, this monitoring system provides constant updates on the water tight and safe to dive status of the housing. The operator can, at a glance, instantly see the water tight and safe-to-dive status of the housing. A simple coded LED lighting system lets the user know that the vacuum is solid, or that the housing is losing vacuum. Leak detection is built into the same circuit, so if there is water intrusion, an audible and visual indication will occur. The NA-D750 ships with a 3rd bulkhead port specifically for installing optional vacuum valves, leaving the user two other bulkhead ports for HDMI, sync cables and other accessories.
Precision requires vision: A high resolution camera like the Nikon D750 demands perfect focus for optimal results. Fortunately, Nauticam has developed the most user-friendly interchangeable viewfinders available.
The standard optical glass viewfinder is very good and travel friendly, but many photographers prefer the ease of a magnified viewfinder with adjustable diopter. Nauticam produces a “straight” 180º enlarging viewfinder and a 45º angled enlarging viewfinder to enhance the ease of close quarters work often associated with macro shooting. Both viewfinders have high quality optics, and allow bright viewing of the entire image. A patented external dioptric adjustment allows personal adjustment to a sharp-as-a-tack standard underwater and viewfinder changes can be executed in less than 30 seconds without using tools. Exceptional composition and focus accuracy have never been more accessible.
- 180º Enhancing Viewfinder (32201)
- 45º Enhancing Viewfinder (32203)
- Patent Pending Super Macro Converter (81201), providing 2.3:1 reproduction ration with the popular AF-S 105mm /2.8G VR Macro Lens
- Vacuum Valve (25612)
- Complete line of flat and dome ports for all major lenses, available in acrylic and glass
- Locking port extension rings from 10mm to 70mm.
- Monitor/Recorder Housing for Atomos Ninja2 (17902)
- Monitor Housing for SmallHD DP4 Monitor (17901)
- Fiber optic cables for Inon (26211) and Sea&Sea (26212)
- Full line of mounting accessories for lighting, including mount balls, strobe adapters, arms, clamps, and specialty items
- Multiple styles of lanyards
- Lens holders, including flip-up
- Focus and Zoom gears for many Nikon, Tokina, and Sigma lenses
- Port Adapters for Aquatica, Ikelite, Inon, Nexus M5 & M6, Sea & Sea NX, Seacam, Subal Version 3 & 4, and Zillion
- Handle accessories including smaller handles, handle extensions for cold water diving
- Optical Flash Trigger for continuous shooting without reliance on electrical cables.
- Depth Rating
- 353mm (W) × 193mm (H) × 128mm (D)