Nauticam pioneered numerous engineering breakthroughs in previous housings that now come standard on the NA-6D. This new housing even borrows a control from it’s Nikon brethren – the patent pending Multi Controller Pad that is located within easy reach of the right thumb. The Multi Controller Pad allows full multidirectional use of the 8-way controller, while still allowing for the rear command dial to be brought out to the right side of the housing. No other housing manufacturer comes close to achieving this kind of ergonomic access to these critical controls.
The patented housing Locking Latch System has received acclaim worldwide for its ease and functionality. These recessed latches are equipped with safety locks, reduce bulk and require minimal physical effort to engage and release. Port changes have never been simpler than utilizing the Patented Nauticam Locking Port Release. No wrestling, no twisting, no misalignment – just seat and lock. Lens changes are also easily accomplished without removing the camera from the housing using the lens release button logically accessed on the housing front. The lightweight, rugged Nauticam handles are generously contoured with a durable over-mold process of comfortable non-slip rubber.
Nauticam has quickly become synonymous with ergonomic underwater camera housings. The NA-6D is an excellent example of why this is. Every control is well thoughout, every button, lever and switch considered not in terms of what is easier for the designer, but what is right for the shooter. One only needs to look carefully at the engineering and design of the right hand side of this housing. The key shooting controls are all easily accessed with the right hand with very little finger movement required. While it may look daunting to the uninformed, after a few shots the controls become second nature. Shoot, change aperture, shoot, change shutter speed, flip to video, change shutter speed, start recording, change ISO – all with the thumb and forefinger, and all done quickly and easily.
The quality of an image is only as good as the glass it was captured with, and Nauticam firmly believes that every lens that makes sense to be used underwater should be supported. Nauticam carefully evaluates new lenses, and is often first to market with support when a new lens is offered. Nauticam also provides the industry’s only locking extension rings in every size potentially required, thus preventing port slippage when using extension rings. Nauticam additionally offers a full range of port adapters allowing existing housing owners to use their current ports, reducing the cost of switching to a Nauticam housing. Port Adapters are available for Aquatica, Ikelite, Inon, Nexus M5 & M6, Sea & Sea NX, Seacam, Subal Version 3 & 4, and Zillion lens ports.
A high resolution camera like the Canon 6D demands perfect focus for optimal results. Fortunately, Nauticam has developed the most user-friendly interchangeable precision viewfinders in the world. The standard optical glass viewfinder is very good and travel friendly, but many photographers prefer the ease of a magnified viewfinder with adjustable diopter. Nauticam produces a “straight” 180º enlarging viewfinder and a 45º angled enlarging viewfinder to enhance the ease of close quarters work often associated with macro shooting. Both viewfinders have high quality optics allow viewing of the entire image. A patented external dioptric adjustment allows personal adjustment to a sharp-as-a-tack standard underwater and viewfinder changes can be executed in less than 30 seconds without using tools. Exceptional composition and focus accuracy have never been more accessible.
Nauticam’s NA-DP4 housing for the Small HD DP4 Monitor can take video performance to another level by rendering the video image in a position more amenable to the shooter. The monitor housing easily mounts to the top of the NA-6D and utilizes the optional HDMI Bulkhead for true HDMI connectivity. Utilizing DP4 features like Focus Peaking, Focus Assist, False Color, 1:1 Mapping and more, this larger monitor vastly improves composition, focus capability and exposure.
- Rugged housing body milled from solid aluminum: 100m depth rating and built to last
- Patented port locking lever: Easy and safe port mounting, solidly locks port in place
- Knobby command dials: Can be operated even with thick gloves on
- Patented housing locking latches: Secure but easy to use
- Rubberized handle grips: Comfortable and placed for optimum access to controls
- Lens release button: Easy changeout of lenses without removing camera from housing
- Drop in camera tray: No need to preset controls, just drop in and it is ready to go
- Fiber optic ports: Support for upcoming fiber optic trigger
- 2 Bulkheads, with Nikonos connectors: Nikonos connectors standard, HDMI Monitor optional
- Viewfinder, 0.66x: Enhanced 180o and 45o viewfinders optional
- Laser cut stainless steel handle brackets: For extra stability when using heavy lighting
- Light mounting balls: 2 handle mounted balls standard, mounting balls for housing optional
- Tripod mounting points: Important for macro video shooters
- Control labeling: Easy to find and understand control functions
- Depth Rating
- 346mm (W) × 186mm (H) × 135mm (D)
- Port Opening